Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Auto Insurance Information
Serving Dallas, Grand Prairie, Duncanville, Arlington, Irving and Mesquite, TX
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy comprises six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
How Does Auto Insurance Work?
Auto insurance covers losses through the claims process. It may provide payments to you or to third parties when you are liable for their injuries or property damage. By reviewing your policy and working with your agent, you can determine which losses may qualify for coverage. It is also essential to be aware of applicable limits and deductibles.
How Auto Insurance Claims Work
Generally, the auto claims process involves:
- Providing your agent with information regarding the incident (e.g., names of involved parties and their insurance information, details of what happened ). It may also be helpful to include a police report or other relevant documentation such as videos or photos of the accident scene, damage to your vehicle and your injuries.
- Working with the insurance company as they complete their investigation. This may involve providing additional information to the adjuster and responding to their questions.
- Accepting the payment or appealing the decision. After the investigation, the insurance company will determine whether they will pay out on the claim, and if so, how much. You can either accept this determination and payment or file an appeal.
Each situation is unique, and it is essential to work with your agent. You may also want to retain an attorney.
Questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Amador Insurance Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Amador Insurance has the right coverage for you with the right price with agents ready to help insure your car so you can drive safely down Texas highways. Call us today at 214-942-7979 or fill out an online quote now.