Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Commercial Auto Insurance Information
Commercial auto insurance helps provide financial protection for businesses that use vehicles to conduct everyday business. Texas requires companies to purchase a minimum amount of liability coverage as part of their commercial auto insurance policy.
Contact the agents at Amador insurance in Dallas, Texas, today to get a personalized quote for commercial auto insurance.
What Is Commercial Auto Insurance?
Commercial auto insurance helps your company cover its legal liability after an auto accident if you or one of your employees is at fault. It provides coverage for third-party property damage and injuries after a covered event.
All business vehicles in Texas must meet the state’s minimum liability limits. If your company leases or finances vehicles, your lienholder may require additional policies, including GAP insurance, collision and comprehensive coverage.
Does My Personal Auto Insurance Cover Business Use?
Even if your personal auto insurance policy doesn’t specifically exclude business use of your or your employees’ personal vehicles, you may not have coverage for accidents that occur while using a personal vehicle for business reasons.
If your vehicle is primarily for business use, a personal auto policy does not provide appropriate coverage. If you or your employees drive personal vehicles for work purposes, you need hired or non-owned auto insurance (HNOA) coverage to protect the vehicle’s owner and your business.
Why Do You Need Commercial Auto Insurance?
The state of Texas requires all businesses to carry commercial auto liability coverage. Liability coverage helps alleviate some of the financial stress of an at-fault accident.
Depending on your situation, your insurance agent may recommend that you add the following policies:
- Liability insurance is required for Texas businesses that use vehicles for business purposes. It helps cover claims for third-party bodily injury liability and property damage liability.
- Collision insurance helps pay for damages to the covered vehicle after colliding with another vehicle or object. Your lienholder may require collision coverage as part of your full coverage auto insurance policy.
- Comprehensive insurance helps pay for non-accident-related damages, including fire, vandalism or weather damage. Your lienholder may require comprehensive insurance as part of your full coverage auto insurance policy.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) helps pay for medical bills if a company vehicle driver or passenger is injured in an accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist insurance helps cover damage to your company vehicle if you are in an accident with a driver that doesn’t have appropriate insurance coverage.
- Umbrella insurance helps cover property damage and bodily injuries when a liability claim exceeds the limits of other liability policies.
Your agent may also recommend additional commercial auto coverage, including:
- Gap insurance
- Inland marine insurance
- Replacement cost vehicle coverage
- Rental car reimbursement
- Roadside assistance
What Vehicles Are Covered With Commercial Auto Insurance?
Your commercial auto insurance policy may provide narrow or broad coverage, depending on the choices you make when you seek coverage.
You typically have options when it comes to commercial auto insurance coverage:
- Vehicles your business owns
- All vehicles used for business purposes, including those that you do not own
How Much Is Commercial Auto Insurance?
Your business auto insurance premiums may look different from a similar business. Insurers set premiums using proprietary algorithms. They may use information about your business, your commercial auto insurance policy, your property and your claims history to determine your commercial auto insurance premiums.
Get Commercial Auto Insurance Today
Contact today to get personalized quotes for the commercial auto insurance policy you need, today.